Library Cards are available free of charge to all Reeves County Residents with proof of residency. Those who live outside of Reeves County may pay an annual fee of thirty dollars ($30.00) The Reeves County Library does honor Texshare cards that are issued from a patron’s home library within the state of Texas as long as they are in good standing.
Items required to obtain a library card are as follows:
- Proof of Current Residence (utility bill, car insurance, etc.)
- Valid government issued ID card (driver’s license, state I.d., etc.)
- If a patron has a current government issued ID with a local address, that is sufficient
Adult patrons can check out up to ten (10) items total. They can also check out up to three (3)DVDs at a time. Circulation rules vary according to the item and are included in the Collection Development section of the Handbook.
Children are eligible to obtain a library card at the age of ten (10) and are able to check out up to five (5) items on their card.
Library Memberships are available for patrons who do not live within Reeves County. They are allowed to check out up to (5) items total, with a limit of two (2) DVDs and one (1) audiobook.
- Books (including Children’s Books), Audio Books on CD, and DVDs may be checked out for 21 days with no late fees.
- Texana may be checked out for 14 days with no late fees.
- Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspots may be checked out for 7 days with a $5.00 per day late fee, $50 maximum.
Please also see our Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspots Policy.
Items not returned after thirty days from the due date will be considered stolen property. Patron borrowing privileges will be suspended and appropriate recovery actions will be taken. Patrons who resolve their accounts to the satisfaction of the Library Director may be reinstated as users in good standing.